Either the child support enforcement agency or the court will determine the amount of child support you will receive based on a state-mandated formula. If the other parent begins paying immediately as required, you should receive a first payment within a few weeks after the court sets the child support order. If you are receiving public assistance, some of your child support payments will go to the state.

There are two ways to receive child support payments:

  • Direct Deposit

Customers can enroll by completing the Enrollment/Authorization Form.

Check Balances

The best way to check your balance is by accessing the child support web portal.  However, if you don not have access to a computer, you may call the Payment Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System toll free at 800-860-2555 to learn the amount of the last payment, the date the payment was processed and the total balance due for each order on your case.  To receive a payment history you must register for the child support web portal.

When the Other Person Doesn't Pay

You will only receive child support when the other parent pays, either on his or her own, or through wage deduction. If the other parent is not making payments, there are many actions you and your child support worker can take. Some actions are mild, such as reporting non-payment to the Credit Bureau. Some actions are more serious, such as suspending the other parent’s driver’s license. It depends on the problem. Your child support worker can help guide you through the process.