Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) is a statewide program administered by Highland County Job and Family Services for Medicaid eligible customers. NET provides transportation to and from Medicaid providers. Transportation authorization may be in the form of van services or mileage reimbursement. NET Requests must be submitted five days before transportation is needed.
What Other Transportation Programs Are Available Through Medicaid?
These services must be accessed prior to NET:
- Long-term Care Facility transportation
- Ambulance and Ambulette transportation
- Hospice transportation
- Pregnancy Related Services (PRS) – to find out more about this service call 937-393-4278.
These services may be accessed prior to NET:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Managed Care Plans (MCPs)
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver programs
Questions about theses services should be directed to the Bureau of Health Plan Policy at (614) 466-6420 or the Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680.
Do I Qualify For NET?
NET services to and from a medical appointment may be provided to:
- Customers eligible for and in receipt of a regular Medicaid card.
Note: Customers must be able to transfer from a wheelchair to a vehicle independently
To find out if you are eligible call:
- Call 937-393-4278 (best and fastest) or
- Submit a Non-Emergency Transportation Request